Author Topic: What we do here  (Read 11737 times)

Offline Pharexys

• Administrator
  • Grandmaster
    • View Profile
What we do here
« on: August 02, 2006, 09:41:09 PM »
It is a temporary board, to discuss of how we make a website and forum for PvP community. So please feel free to post ur opinion of how it should be done.
Also give us some ideas of what Domain name we should buy for it.

Offline Shahiz

• Noob
    • View Profile
Re: What we do here
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 09:52:15 PM »
Well first of all heres a few things we should start off with....

1. what do you guys think the name for the domain - web site should be?

2. think of some ideas and sections

3. get people willing to review and help out with the web page, be it web designing/news/whatever.

and like some one shoot more ideas ;p

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 02:18:44 AM »
I'm not good at coming up with names and such but I wouldn't mind helping out with the site.

Would be good if you can upload videos to it so we can stop using shitty filefront.

Kaz
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 11:37:49 AM by Pharexys »

Offline Pharexys

• Administrator
  • Grandmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 11:40:35 AM »
I'm not good at coming up with names and such but I wouldn't mind helping out with the site.

Would be good if you can upload videos to it so we can stop using shitty filefront.

Kaz

If you really care about this website and want to support PvP community, be it clan or omni or neutral, Then do take time and register with ur ingame nickname, or atleast nothing offensive to the guild wich will pay and host this website for tards like you. Next Offend will get you banned from my server and ur ip will get a track load of nukes. :D

Offline Hellslady

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 12:53:32 PM »
Ola..  Hmm I dont know if its a good idea but if its like Player VS player site it should maybe be black and red design with some awsome ingame items on the site. Like a nice pic of dark in his ai armor and Gabocu next to him in his. And then maybe have some pics of people in org where they have theyr armor on. What I meen is like. we take pics of dark where its bright. Then cut him out of the pic so u just have him there. Then like glue it on haha I got no idea how to xplain but If I could learn how to put the site up and so I could explain even more. But see it like this:

(pic of dark)      (program for what this is)    (pic of gabo)

Or does it sound rly stupid?

Well its an idea. Like it or not I know I do:P

Offline Pharexys

• Administrator
  • Grandmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 02:21:56 PM »
The Domain name could be : Rimor-pvp.com or PvP-Rimor.com or RimorPvP.com etc
Anyway before thinking for a name, we need to know that it really worth even spending 1 minute on this stuff :D actualy if ppl are willing to help or even visit the website etc.

As for website, It can be really simple, nothing very hard to make.
Some pool's on first page about who's a good Pvper or who's worst.
Some Guides about pvp writed by players who want to learn others.
Pool's with movies, liked/didnt liked etc.
Of course if we get a no limit bandwitch we  could even host the movies on the server(I for one i cant do that, becouse I play ao from same isp that my server is on, and i dont really want to lag or anything :D)
Anyway I can do host some movies to my domains wich I have hosted to diff companys.
Also  on first page of this website, could be posted some "battles".
Aka make on forum or even a part of the website, a way to ask another player to duel, if they agree, then both of em meet in a specific place ingame, then call a admin of the "Pvp Community Website" to see and record the result. The winner gets lets say some "points" or title same as ingame on the website/forum, etc etc you get the idea :D could make pvp more fun and ofc getting more duels, also evry week we could make a selection and get all good pvpers and put em duel etc,
The winner will win a item or dunno we decide later what :D

Offline Thell

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 05:04:25 PM »
I like this idea!!! but dunno if I can help :P

Offline Hellslady

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 05:11:35 PM »
Sounds okay phare but still dindt get an answer for  my idea so I wonder was it a bad or good? Is there might someting you can use? Would be awsome I see it infront of me. Pics and all.. But I dunno. you guys decide. I might help out with movies and so if I get a new good pc to run it. I dunno I just gotto hold on and see what I can get hold on in the future:)

Offline Millerna

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 07:24:46 PM »
if needed I can fund for the domain. But I want to make sure people will hook into it first.

Kazbah

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 01:51:52 AM »
If you really care about this website and want to support PvP community, be it clan or omni or neutral, Then do take time and register with ur ingame nickname, or atleast nothing offensive to the guild wich will pay and host this website for tards like you. Next Offend will get you banned from my server and ur ip will get a track load of nukes. :D

Ahh sorry phar, didn't mean to hurt your feelings, I know you're a sensitive little flower.

Offline Harios

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 03:12:12 PM »
Ok great initiative here :) been trying to find the rk1 pvp site.. was a perfect example but seems it died. We need to choose some mods that are willing to update stuff.

Ok ofcourse the site should have a forum.. to fool around and to arrange duels and so on.
Secondly some polls would be awesome.. choose your best blabla pvper etc.
Also important is a news section with updates regarding NW or tourneys.
Some agenda you can use to plan stuff and check if tourneys arent hold at the same time.
Movie section with a link to LoR movies from shahiz and might wanna put the links to the movies in there.
Guides would also be lots of fun..

If we would try to get that stuff online it would be awesome.. ebout paying for a domain.. I dont see why we cant just use a *.tk domain?

Something like: pvponrimor.tk, pvpcommunity.tk, Rimorspvp.tk.. prefer the first ;)

Lets get something going here.. Im sorry I cant help out with making the site.. shah if you are gonna make it.. dont try to make it too nice.. if it works it would be good enough because y ou can always update later :)

Offline Millerna

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 03:22:04 PM »
I am willing to do the financial crap, but I just want this to get attention from both Omnis, Clans, want it to be a rimor pvp channel.

Offline Dark1947

• Black Smurf
  • Administrator
  • Grandmaster
  • Pen0r Outside
    • View Profile
    • Place4geek - toute l'actualité geek
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2006, 04:11:47 PM »
Count me in to help setting something like this ;)

Offline Harios

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2006, 08:40:03 PM »
I am willing to do the financial crap, but I just want this to get attention from both Omnis, Clans, want it to be a rimor pvp channel.

I can get omni involved :)

Offline torakx

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2006, 09:31:36 PM »
great ideas. if u get the site and forum up and running il be active on it.and will help when or if i can.