Author Topic: What we do here  (Read 13133 times)

Offline Millerna

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Re: What we do here
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2006, 12:18:21 AM »
and also to make sure it's not "run by one side" or smthing like that we can have webmasters from each sides, I mean the admin dudes, so it'd make everyone content. And well, neutrals don't care anyway hehe

Offline Ljudlos

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2006, 06:32:26 PM »
This sounds great imo, Rimor sure as hell need a good boost to PvP, boring as crap to run around 2-3h looking for action every night...and then end up in Bor as usual :P

Offline Harios

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2006, 05:08:25 PM »
Ok I ll try to contact some of you ingame and set something up and running.

I can ask kuznechik if he is willing to host the site.. he might also be able to host movies and stuff. So I ll ask him what is possible.

If you guys can put up a poll here we can vote over the domain name. Or millerna just picks one?
So we can put the forum up so we can start using it and organise some stuff?

We gotta act folks otherwise it ll never get anywhere  ;)

Offline Millerna

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2006, 11:11:46 PM »
please, Harios, choose the domain that you like, if it's too much for me I'll relay it to you hehe.

Offline Harios

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2006, 11:36:15 PM »
I talked with carjoy about the whole idea and he told me that a previous attempt for a pvp site got hacked/attacked... so we might just wanna start with a TK domain? if its a succes we can change it anyways.

We also gotta be sure we got some good rules..

Most important one: Respect your fellow pvpers. No whines or attacks towards others on the site.. fair play should be the main objective!

Also we should have mods From all orgs with good pvpers.. so we dont get bs about the site being 1 sided.

Will try to get a .tk domain :)

Offline Harios

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2006, 11:46:31 PM »
www.pvponrimor.tk

Thats what we got so far :)

WTB a hosted forum so we can start the real work.

Offline Millerna

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2006, 12:30:44 AM »
then I'm getting a forum host, is that acceptable

Offline Harios

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2006, 08:02:41 AM »
then I'm getting a forum host, is that acceptable

Yeah ofcourse.. we still need to find someone with a good server where we can host our stuff on :)

I never set up a forum but I guess it shouldnt be so hard... anyone able to do this?

Offline Millerna

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2006, 08:15:47 AM »
Hmm, I'm afraid I don't know that way either, needs some programming skills as far as I know. Perhaps we should advertise this over at Rimor, there just has to be someone who has the necessary skills, and we can take it from there

Offline Pharexys

• Administrator
  • Grandmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2006, 03:37:51 PM »
contact me ingame if you want to speak with me, i have few time left so gonna enjoy it with my org. :D

edit: We need a stable hoster, so we never get hacked or anything, I been working on security before playing AO, so im kinda good at it i can say, about hacking my boxes, I doubt any1 can do that, or if he can, not worth the time to do it, just to close a pvp forum for a online game, you get the idea ;D
But at this moment i dont have time to do anything. So try to find someone else to host it. I'll help w/ w/e i can too :D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 03:42:40 PM by Pharexys »

Offline Jumpndodge

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2006, 11:54:33 PM »
I really would like to get in on this, I can do some website stuff. Whether its just photoshop or something a little more complex. I usually do artistic design of websites.

If you dont need any help with anything, then Ill just keep an eye on it all.

Offline Pharexys

• Administrator
  • Grandmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2006, 11:48:28 AM »
It is made already, link : http://pvponrimor.tk
Gonna be Pvponrimor.com in a couple of days, well i dont have time atm.

Offline Swiftgank

• Remains of Omni
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2006, 04:21:13 PM »
There are alot of free templates for Websites too so you dont have to use alot of time designing your own immediatly.

I run my own site using Mambo (http://www.mamboserver.com/) and i must say i like it. simple to adminitrate, has built in poll systems, news system, login for admins to edit, and all the stuff you need.)

Other types of this is PHPnuke (has a built in phpBB forum). The problem with this site template is that its easy to hack as faar as i have heard so i wouldnt suggest that one.

For forum you can use either Simple machines forum (as the one your currently running. simple to administrate, nice premade designs possible to download and customize.)
or phpBB (most popular forum type, also a free project with alot of free designs.)

I can help out with image designs. (im not pro though, but i enjoy playing around).

All the ideas i can think of at this moment.
Twinkywinkie - 21/0 Agent - Twink
Swiftgank - 75/8 Agent - Twink
Kokosbolle 170/8 Fixer - Gimp/leecher